18 November 2011 / leggypeggy

Shanghia-ed in Sumatra

Sorry about this brief and unexpected intermission.

Think of me for the next 35 hours — on a bus from Padang in Sumatra to Jakarta in Java. Actually it will be on two buses over three days. I’m sure it will be a form of torture.

If I can keep the laptop battery charged, I plan to write a few blog items. Just wait til you hear about our hot and steamy night in Indonesia. I promise to share all the juicy details. 🙂

Stay tuned.

1. Derrick / Nov 18 2011 4:54 am

Well, I hope this is going to be interesting, so much time to write ‘stuff’
    I dont suppose there will be much to se at nght on a bus or truck, even though it would be ‘interesting’ (maybe)

You mean you dont have a windup charger for the laptop ? (its okay, neither do I)

Be nice to see what you can find to add to your blog, I think you have covered pretty much everything 🙂 But I bet you find a few tid bits to add 🙂

• leggypeggy / Nov 21 2011 12:33 am

I won’t be running out of blog material anytime soon.

2. allan.bailey9@ntlworld.com / Nov 18 2011 8:16 am

Loving the stories nice to see what Terry (my son ) is up to I hope you manage to get in the food queue before him

• leggypeggy / Nov 21 2011 12:32 am

Thanks Allan. Glad you are enjoying the blog. Terry’s a great sport in the food queue, but it’s hard to beat him to the internet connection.

3. Sy S. / Nov 19 2011 1:05 am

Hello,

I would hate to be on two buses for those many hours, but at least you are headed in the right direction to the Island of Java. I am also assuming that when you reach the southern part of Sumatra, you will be taking a small ferry boat to Jakarta. And from there the railroad easily goes across Java… and eventually you can reach “The Golden Fields of Bali!” All this is not to bad, compared to waiting around two weeks for the ferry boat that was not running.

Sy S.

• leggypeggy / Nov 21 2011 12:31 am

Hi Sy — it ended up being one bus for 40+ hours. Yikes! We took a large ferry to Java and are now in Jakarta, heading to Yogyakarta tomorrow. All going well. 🙂