23 July 2014 / leggypeggy

Today we head into the wilds of Russia’s Altai Mountains

I spent almost four hours last night—sitting directly under the router—trying to post one blog entry. Geez, I hate it when the internet connection shows that there’s a good signal, but that two photos take two hours to load, and then the next batch never loads at all. 😦 Frustrating in the extreme. In the end, I published with only two pics.

We’re in northern Kazakhstan and heading to the Russian Altai Mountains later this morning. It’s a remote location, with some of the most beautiful scenery in the world (if the pictures are to be believed).

Chances are I won’t have a connection again for at least at week. So don’t worry about us, and stay tuned for the next entries. In the meantime, read some old ones just for the fun of it. Or check out my cooking blog. Or do both.

If all else fails, we are supposed to reach Ulan Bator (you can all argue about the correct spelling of that) in Mongolia by the 4th or 5th of August. I’ll be back as soon as possible.

1. misstache / Jul 23 2014 11:34 am

Happy trip! Safe travels! looking forward to seeing your blog or photos, if possible! Been wanting to visit Russia ever since! 🙂

• leggypeggy / Aug 19 2014 11:40 pm

I can highly recommend Russia. I couldn’t get on my blog while I was there, but we had a fantastic time.

2. suchled / Jul 23 2014 8:59 pm

O.K., Now that’s explained I apologise for making rude comments about you breaking your camera.

• leggypeggy / Aug 5 2014 2:14 am

Oh right, now you apologise. hahahaha
      But I won’t take it personally and I will post more pics. Thanks for making me laugh.

3. weggieboy / Jul 23 2014 9:30 pm

Oops! Me, too! You had mentioned the slow upload earlier, and we should have realized no miracles occurred between then and now.

• leggypeggy / Aug 5 2014 2:15 am

Now that I know everyone has the attention span of a gnat, I put my warnings in the headlines. hahahaha — just kidding (about the gnat, not the headlines) 🙂

4. lmo58 / Jul 29 2014 6:55 pm

I didn’t make any rude comments about the lack of photos because I know that, whenever possible, you always, always, always post photos. Thanks for letting us know that you’ll be off the air for a few days.

• leggypeggy / Aug 5 2014 2:16 am

Aw heck, Louise, I knew the editor in the bunch would have read the fine print. 🙂

5. David / Feb 10 2015 6:40 am

No apology needed! Go forth, enjoy, just make certain you return or have found your shang-ra-lai!

6. Tasteofemarat / Jun 27 2015 10:52 pm

I love your blog. And I am glad that you have visited my country too.

• leggypeggy / Jun 28 2015 6:00 pm

Thanks so much. We loved your country and want to return.

Trackbacks

1. Jeti-Öghüz is worth as many visits as you can manage | Where to next?