8 November 2014 / leggypeggy

Love sculpture, love sunsets, love Sydney? You’ve got 24 hours!

Sculpture by the Sea, ring‘Sculpture by the Sea is on again in Sydney, Australia. I think it’s the event’s 18th year.

We visited last year and I posted an item about my favourite exhibit of that year. I liked a lot of this year’s exhibits, but nothing quite measured up to my favourite of last year.

This year’s display ends tomorrow (9 November) and I’m always surprised that Sculpture by the Sea lasts for such a short time.

Hope you like the sunset photos of this year’s event. Poor John especially likes the non-sunset view of the timber whale.

Sculpture sunset

Bamboo sculpture

Timber whale

Timber whale

1. annathrax / Nov 9 2014 12:04 am

We have sculptures in Perth as well, always great to see the works!

• leggypeggy / Nov 9 2014 8:33 am

Are yours permanent or around for only a couple of weeks. Sculpture by the Sea goes for less than a month.

• annathrax / Nov 9 2014 9:12 am

Temporary here… Around the same time i think, about 3 weeks. Maybe we get the ones from Sydney? Ours is, from memory, in the new year, maybe feb. Ill take photos and we can compare. 🙂

• leggypeggy / Nov 9 2014 9:21 am

Sounds like a plan. I’ll do another post with more pics from this year’s event.

2. weggieboy / Nov 9 2014 12:46 am

The timber whale brings to mind one of the sculptures at Carhenge north of Alliance, Nebraska. I think it must be a land pike…!

• leggypeggy / Nov 9 2014 8:34 am

Carhenge is world-famous. Well, at least famous in Australia. I must get there one day. Thanks for sharing the pic.

3. weggieboy / Nov 9 2014 12:49 am

http://carhenge.com/ I better give credit to the Carhenge website for that photo…!

4. JulesJulie Rogers / Nov 9 2014 2:14 am

Don’t blame John for liking the whale, it’s cool!!!!