20 March 2020 / leggypeggy

Home delivery is a wonderful thing—if you can get it

Milk truck

That’s the milk truck just after delivering milk and eggs to my house

The coronavirus and its resulting disease—COVID19—have brought out the worst in people when it comes to shopping for daily needs.

I mean how many rolls of toilet paper does a person need? I rather like the joke that says your IQ is 150 less the number of toilet rolls you have at home. Based on that, my IQ is 140 and will increase by one point every four or five days.

Other ‘hot’ items for hoarding include hand sanitiser, tissues, paper towels, meats, pasta, pasta sauces, rice, milk and eggs.

Milk and eggs

Milk and free-range eggs—only 250 chickens per hectare

Luckily most supermarkets have implemented a sort of you-can’t-bring-it-back-because-you-bought-too-much policy. Plus, they are so swamped now that they have severely limited their home delivery services. A person needs to apply and be accepted to get a delivery. Mostly reserved for the elderly and/or disabled.

I usually have a well-stocked pantry and haven’t really had to venture into the supermarkets. So I have to brag just a bit. My milk and eggs are home delivered. Canberra still has two milk trucks that serve a handful of suburbs. We’re one of them. How cool is that!

And I have to share this toilet paper cartoon. My thanks to the person who created this. I wish I knew who you were!

socks

1. Lynette d'Arty-Cross / Mar 20 2020 8:49 pm

I love the cartoon! 🙂

I don’t get the toilet paper angle. I suppose the worry must be that if you get sick, you’re going to be pooing yourself into next month with not a square to spare? This is a respiratory illness, so the run should be on tissues. Oh yes, but I’m forgetting that people sometimes don’t think very well. 😉

Liked by 3 people

2. Doug Thomas / Mar 20 2020 8:51 pm

I’m having difficulty maintaining a positive attitude about humanity at this time. A trip to the grocery store yesterday showed me how panic buying deprives some people basic needs so the greedy and panicked have too much of the same.

The Germans have a word for it. (Don’t they always have a good one for all negative human behaviors?) The call it Hamsterhaeufe or hamster buying, alluding to how this little desert rat fills its cheek pouches with seeds to carry back to it nest. I call it criminal but not typically defined by law.

I talked with the checker when I checked out (without a few items I was out of). She told me of rude customers who yelled at her, used incredibly vulgar and hurtful language against her, and didn’t respect the store’s request that customers limit the number of certain items they took so others might have some, too. She said these customers couldn’t understand that just because the supply truck was behind the store being unloaded, the process of restocking the stores wouldn’t be instantaneous, especially with customers interfering with the work. I noted she must be really stressed out by the end of the day. She said, “Yes, when I go home at the end of the shift, I cry.”

Damn! People! Get a life!

Liked by 4 people

• leggypeggy / Mar 20 2020 10:22 pm

Oh yes, the Germans have great words for the human condition. Sorry your supermarkets are overrun in the same way as ours. Bless the checker. No wonder she goes home to cry.

3. MichaelStephenWills / Mar 20 2020 9:07 pm

We have curbside pickup at Wegmans (supermarket) here in Ithaca. For premium pricing (i.e. 5%) they will gather your items from a list and deliver it to your car trunk. this is our plan for the next shopping trip.

Liked by 3 people

• leggypeggy / Mar 20 2020 10:23 pm

Kerbside pickup is a great idea even if there is a surcharge.

• Sy S. / Mar 25 2020 12:21 am

I love Wegmans and they finally build a SMALL ONE in Brooklyn, NY.. but I do not go to this one.
      The Wegmans in Central New Jersey (and Williamsport, PA) are much bigger and a great supermarket. When I was ithica, NY 10-15 years ago, I do not recall one in the college town.
      And with curbside pickup, and with no car.. how would that work for? Best Buy (electronics) also has implemented this as well… it is important for me to have my internet connection (and devices) not fail on me, so this store would be helpful for purchases.

• leggypeggy / Mar 25 2020 7:20 am

Curbside pickup is hard without a car. I wonder if a wheelbarrow would work? 🙂

4. gerard oosterman / Mar 20 2020 9:25 pm

And then there is the Murdoch press, always a good standby for loo paper.
    We have a delivery from both the large supermarkets. I haven’t bothered so far as I like the outing. There seems to be a correlation between the number of toilet rolls people hoard and leaving the trolley miles away from the supermarket trolley bay.

Liked by 4 people

5. beth / Mar 20 2020 9:29 pm

yes, it is a huge issue. here, people have requested delivery or pickup at the store and told it is not available for a week or more. hopefully, they are busy with the most needy and can’t yet get to them. shop smart people, and don’t take more than you need, or share what you buy with others.

• leggypeggy / Mar 20 2020 10:25 pm

Most of our grocery deliveries have been cancelled. Not sure what criteria will get you on the list?

• beth / Mar 20 2020 10:41 pm

sounds like they are trying to prioritize the elderly and compromised

• leggypeggy / Mar 20 2020 10:49 pm

Yes, and the supermarkets are inviting seniors to shop alone for an hour from 7am. It’s been well organised in our town.

6. derrickjknight / Mar 20 2020 9:36 pm

Selfishness rules.

7. Eliza Ayres / Mar 20 2020 10:10 pm

Reblogged this on Blue Dragon Journal.

8. ralietravels / Mar 20 2020 10:20 pm

After an initial panic by some, things seem to have settled down here in S. Florida. Many shelves were empty a week ago, but are restocked today.
    But I suspect with your definition of IQ, most of the hoarders would find their IQ had actually gone up. 😁

• leggypeggy / Mar 20 2020 10:28 pm

The panicky ones are still going strong. I think the hoarders would have found their IQs are going down with every roll they buy.

9. Jolandi Steven / Mar 20 2020 10:45 pm

You are indeed lucky to have a milk an egg delivery, Peggy. Stay safe and sane in these crazy times!

10. fragglerocking / Mar 20 2020 11:33 pm

Same thing going on here, now the supermarkets are rationing, or trying to. The selfishness of people is staggering.

11. lexklein / Mar 21 2020 12:07 am

Ah, a good old milk truck! Hope you are hanging in there well. The panic buying drove me nuts until I started reading about all the moronic young adults partying non-stop on spring break … now I am using the cartoons such as the one you posted here to make me laugh while I follow the rules instead of getting increasingly pissed off at all the idiots!

• leggypeggy / Mar 21 2020 8:02 am

I limit my getting-pissed-off moments, by not going shopping at all.

• artandkitchen / Mar 21 2020 8:44 am

Hi Peggy, here the same! We are using what we have in our the pantry and then, we will buy what we need!

12. Forestwood / Mar 21 2020 12:14 am

Love the cartoon, Peggy. I fondly remember the milkman who watched my kids grow up. No more left now though.

• leggypeggy / Mar 21 2020 8:03 am

We had a milkman when I was growing up the USA and I’ve had one ever since I moved to Australia in 1982.

• Forestwood / Mar 21 2020 8:53 am

You are indeed one of the lucky ones. What hour of the day does he come?

• leggypeggy / Mar 21 2020 1:53 pm

We have a milkmaid. Michelle drives by on Tuesdays and Thursdays around 6pm.

• Sy S. / Mar 25 2020 12:32 am

65+ years ago and 4-5 am in the dark night of the early morning (NYC), I would be awakened by the milkman and truck delivering cases of milk; that is the noise from the GLASS containers of milk “jingling” around!

• leggypeggy / Mar 25 2020 7:07 am

Jingling glass bottles bring back wonderful memories. Australia moved away from glass bottles about 25 years ago.

13. Yeah, Another Blogger / Mar 21 2020 12:19 am

Last night I watched a long interview with David Ho, a scientist who is trying to tackle the pandemic. He helped develop effective treatments for AIDS some years ago. What he had to say last night is very depressing. It doesn’t seem as though a defense against Coronavirus will be developed anytime soon.

14. Gail’s Snapshotsincursive / Mar 21 2020 12:35 am

Laughter goes a long way at a time like this. Well Done, Peggy. 🤣

15. klmalcolm2014 / Mar 21 2020 12:35 am

Love the IQ joke! And the cartoon! We need to keep finding the levity. I am going to do some more blogging it’s humor.

16. Phil Huston / Mar 21 2020 1:16 am

My daughter couldn;t find toilet paper. This late in the “two pack maximum, don’t be a jerk” era. Milk man! We had one when I was young, it finally fell through. What a concept, though. They were dairy run. I was probably a teenager before I knew there was more than one brand of milk!
    Amazon does food runs here, along with a few of the major retailers, and they all do curbside pick up. All the stores are within a mile, or less, of my house so the $5 tip and delivery fee is a bit much. But then so is being dead, so…
    Stay safe!

• leggypeggy / Mar 21 2020 8:11 am

We’re doing fine and my pantry and freezer will see us through a long period of time. Hope the wine holds out. The supermarkets will deliver, but you have to apply and meet certain conditions—old and/or infirm.

• Phil Huston / Mar 21 2020 9:30 am

Time to get out the Halloween make up and Uncle Harry’s walker.

17. Osyth / Mar 21 2020 2:19 am

Peggy! I’m very happy to be back reading your work. I’m in the same boat as you – my pantry is always well stocked and I cook everything from scratch so I’m pretty comfortable that we won’t go hungry and that I do not need to make some sort of a crazed assault on our local grocery store. In fact, should the need arise, they have implemented a policy whereby the store is open only to the over 60s for two hours each morning. Happily my husband is well in that category. Sadly, I have a few months to go til my 60th so he can do the shopping. What can possibly go wrong ….. I love your delivery van. My mother still has a milkman in Oxfordshire and has always supported him buying not just her milk but all her dairy including eggs and various random delights that he has on his van that day.

• leggypeggy / Mar 21 2020 8:13 am

How wonderful to see you online again. It’s been too long. I’m delighted to know milkmen still serve parts of England. Our supermarkets are open for seniors from 7–8am. The cashier says it’s the only civilised part of the day.

• Osyth / Mar 22 2020 4:20 am

Thank you. It’s really good to be back in this thriving and supportive community. I browsed through other comments and will look up David Ho. Am also interested in your remarks about Vietnam (I remembered your daughter was posted there). I am absolutely convinced that countries need to take a tough approach if we are going to get any light in the tunnel. I’m no scientist but it seems obvious given that China is showing signs of some control having clamped down hard and conversely Italy is in the most dire straits having been very laissez faire as the outbreaks mushroomed until the PM had no choice but to lock down. As they say here, go figure ….

• leggypeggy / Mar 22 2020 7:55 am

Like you, I’m no scientist, but Vietnam has more than 95 million people and, so far, fewer than 100 cases of COVID-19. Great proof that a tough approach makes a difference.

• Sy S. / Mar 26 2020 9:04 am

Regarding countries with low C-virus cases, was the question I put to a few friends.
        And the reply:
        >>Anti-malaria medication prevalent in India as well as Africa. African countries relatively low cases….not just from lack of testing but actually people getting sick from it. <<
        The above might be true for Vietnam.. do not know for sure! And now India has imposed a 100% lock down of the entire country… 1.37 Billion People. Many of the poor people will be hit the hardest, not even finding a small amount of food. And clean water/source of water (traveling) is a problem as well.

18. pvcann / Mar 21 2020 2:20 am

Who would have thought? The possibility has always been there, but never eventuated, till now! I enjoyed this. Still saddened by the behaviour of a few that has effected so many. But I’m sure we will get there.

• leggypeggy / Mar 21 2020 8:16 am

You are very generous to say it’s the behaviour ‘of a few’. Our newspapers and TV news show squadrons of people ready to swarm in when the stores open. One day I took advantage of the senior hour from 7–8am. How civilised.

19. dfolstad58 / Mar 21 2020 2:42 am

I bet those are farm eggs also! Thank you for the humor, and the update. I have been reading about some really sad deaths in Canada and the USA.
    I don’t get it why people are not social distancing, these are not stupid people, I have to think most of these people are just not recognizing the risk to others and it’s not just about them.
    Hoarders make me mad, period.

• leggypeggy / Mar 21 2020 8:17 am

The eggs are sensational and every so often I get a double yolk. Hoarders make me mad too.

20. gigglingfattie / Mar 21 2020 2:45 am

oh awesome! Home delivery! That’s so cute!!

I went out shopping today and my local shop wasn’t in too rough shape. Of course, pasta sauce and toilet paper are nowhere to be found (although I did see people leaving with packages of toilet paper!) but still lots of selection on canned items (limits of 2 per customer) and meat/frozen veg is limited but like it’s all good. In my store at least! But now I’m home and don’t have to shop for at least another two weeks so it’s all good!

21. beetleypete / Mar 21 2020 4:03 am

I have never used home delivery, but my friends who do are being told it is now a 3-week delay here. We are still shopping once a week, getting just enough for those seven days. All the hoarders and profiteers should be ashamed, but they obviously have no idea what shame is.
    Best wishes, Pete.

22. The cartoon made my day! Thanks!

23. afterthelasttime / Mar 21 2020 8:43 am

Incredible time we’re witnessing and enduring in living color.
    All my best.

• leggypeggy / Mar 21 2020 1:54 pm

Thanks Dave. Stay well. Amazing to watch all this unfold.

• afterthelasttime / Mar 21 2020 1:57 pm

It’s even more amazing to watch Rump lie constantly.

• leggypeggy / Mar 21 2020 2:13 pm

I saw the tantrum he had against an NBC reporter.

• afterthelasttime / Mar 21 2020 5:20 pm

Now thanks to the Washington Post we’re learning tRump was advised by the military in January the COVID-19 was or was becoming a pandemic and he did nothing but publicly deny it was a threat for weeks.
        Secretly I think tRump loves being hated, New Yorkers were hating him when I went there for Spring Break in 1979 and my multitud visits since.

• leggypeggy / Mar 21 2020 9:39 pm

I think tRump wants to be loved., but he’s hated far and wide.

24. afterthelasttime / Mar 21 2020 8:49 am

Two days ago I witnessed a supermarket checker politely tell a person in front of me she could not check an item for the customer, it was three dozen eggs, two dozen only per customer now.

• leggypeggy / Mar 21 2020 1:55 pm

Our supermarkets have it figured out so cashiers are less likely to be abused. Items that are rationed can be scanned only for the allowed number. So the cashier can say, ‘sorry, but the register won’t let me scan another one’. Takes a bit of pressure off them.

25. Charly W. Karl / Mar 21 2020 9:24 am

Thanks, Leggy 🙂

26. Zambian Lady / Mar 21 2020 2:32 pm

I still can’t get why people are going after toilet paper with such zeal. This crisis has brought out the worst in people. I hope you are keeping safe.

• leggypeggy / Mar 21 2020 2:43 pm

Some of the behaviour has been appalling. We’re avoiding shopping and staying well. Hope you can do the same.

27. draliman / Mar 21 2020 4:05 pm

I’m off for my regular weekly shop in a bit. I hope people have left me something to buy…

28. indianeskitchen / Mar 21 2020 11:16 pm

Hubby just left an hour before the store opens to stand in line because we haven’t been able to find ANY toilet paper. Wasn’t panicking until now because we just took in two of our grandkids for at least 2 weeks. My daughter is a nurse and we watch them a lot. Trying to limit their and our exposure from their mom/our daughter.

• leggypeggy / Mar 22 2020 7:57 am

Good luck on the toilet paper mission. Bless your daughter, who is really at the coal face. And bless you for looking after the grandkids.

29. Invisibly Me / Mar 22 2020 4:03 am

It’s a similar situation in the UK, bloody awful. My heart goes out to those who’re in dire need of supplies but just can’t get them. We’re told to stay indoors, but without home deliveries that’s a bit tricky. What about those (without sounding too stereotyped) older folks who can’t use the internet or don’t know how to order online groceries, what on earth are they going to do if they don’t have someone nearby who can bring them things? I hope you can get the things you need. Stay safe and well,
    Caz xx

• leggypeggy / Mar 22 2020 7:59 am

Thanks Caz. Every week I help at a nursing home, running a little non-profit shop that sells essentials. That’s closed for now, but residents can let staff know what they need and I’ll go get it for them. As for me, I always have a well-stocked pantry. We’re good for many weeks.

30. Christie Hawkes / Mar 22 2020 7:52 am

I guess my IQ is 126. It went up by six when I presented a six-pack to my daughter and her new husband as part of their wedding gift! We had actually purchased a case from Costco before the madness began.

• leggypeggy / Mar 22 2020 8:04 am

I love that toilet paper can be a wedding gift. Like you, I purchased a large pack before the madness began. Now with early morning shopping for seniors, I will stay ahead.

• Sy S. / Mar 26 2020 9:33 am

Ha, ha different countries and different meanings. I do not think she gave TP as a gift.
        A six-pack here is often beer, she said she got a case at Costco (big warehouse food and other products to buy). No problem, just a nice chuckle.. but a TP wedding gift would have been more practical. (Laughing with you!).

• Christie Hawkes / Mar 26 2020 9:45 am

It really was a 6-pack of TP, meant as a joke, but much appreciated. 😁

• leggypeggy / Mar 26 2020 2:47 pm

And a wonderful joke.

• Sy S. / Mar 26 2020 3:49 pm

A Joke, Humm… THEN THE “DOUBLE YOKE” IS ON ME! Need TP to clean it off! Now that is also a joke!

• leggypeggy / Mar 26 2020 4:52 pm

Hahahahaha! Gave me a good laugh.

31. jeanleesworld / Mar 22 2020 10:42 pm

HA! That cartoon tickles me, because I’d totally do that, too. 🙂 As for grocery, I still like running out for a break from the kiddos, and yeah–who needs fifteen packages of lunchmeat? Yowza.

• leggypeggy / Mar 23 2020 8:05 am

Precisely. By the way, my ability to click ‘like’ now doesn’t work on comments either.

• jeanleesworld / Mar 23 2020 8:47 am

How bizarre! It might be your search engine. I know that when I use Microsoft Edge, I’m suddenly way more limited as far as buttons and things compared to Google.

• leggypeggy / Mar 23 2020 12:42 pm

I always use Chrome. No idea why this is happening, and frustrated that WP has not responded to my query. They did, however, send a survey asking if I was happy with what they did?

• Sy S. / Mar 25 2020 12:40 am

Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome web browsers work perfectly for me! And I had recently upgraded to Windows 10 (took almost 2 months to tweak it however).

32. Sheryl / Mar 23 2020 9:08 am

I love the toilet tissue joke.

33. Alison and Don / Mar 23 2020 2:29 pm

Yah, I think I have a lot of bottled up grief about this whole thing. Just seeing a picture of a house in a Canberra suburb made me want to cry. I guess I feel like I’ll probably never get back there, and so many people having such a hard time. We have a friend in India, a restaurant server. The restaurant has been shut down and he can’t get back home to family because of travel restrictions, and almost certainly has no savings, so he and his wife and child are stuck in a room in Rishikesh with nothing – for just one example.
    I love that there is still milk trucks in Canberra.
    And thanks for the cartoon! Anything that keeps us laughing is a good thing.
    Stay well Peggy and Poor John.
    Alison

34. Alexander Lautsyus / Mar 24 2020 5:53 am

I am just curious why the toilet paper is on so high demand. It happened around the World. The first thing disappeared from store’s shelves is the toilet paper. Why? I would admit the food disappearance but I never understand what is going on with that thing..

35. CURIOUStotheMAX / Mar 24 2020 2:48 pm

True confessions: I’m a HOARDER. It started with my not liking to do laundry in my 30’s. So I bought enough underwear to last a month.

In my 40’s I developed a distaste for any kind of shopping so I bought enough food to last in the event famine arrived in a month where I refused to go to the store.

In my 50’s California had a devastating earthquake and we had no water supply which prompted me to buy enough bottled water to last for the next catastrophic event.

Lastly, I had stomach flu and stocked up on TOILET PAPER just in case . . .

I probably won’t have to go to the store . . . or wash clothes . . . until a vaccine is discovered.

• leggypeggy / Mar 24 2020 4:34 pm

Thanks for the laugh. You have been way-y-y-y-y ahead of your time.

• Sy S. / Mar 25 2020 12:11 am

>>I probably won’t have to go to the store . . . or wash clothes . . . until a vaccine is discovered<<
      Be prepared to wait ONE YEAR OR MORE FOR A VACCINE!

36. Sy S. / Mar 25 2020 1:16 am

Hello All,

I confess I AM A HOARDER OF FOOD AND OTHER ITEMS during this CoronaVirus Pandemic (kind of?) ! So if you want to toss rotten tomatoes and banana peels at me…. Try if you can. But my anti-malware and web add blockers can shield me LOL !

I have assumed that this Coronavirus Pandemic will last for a very long time and easily into July 2020… not only for 12+ weeks for suggested lock down/In shelter of people. To bad NYC within two weeks, is now the epicenter in America???! Being over 70 years old (but no outstanding health issues) I need to stay inside except to exercise and also walking my dog. I also redirected my Post Office mail and Veterans Medical supplies to my home address.

Living in The Bronx (1,439,725 million people), for the most part there has not been any shortage of food and items (mid-size and bigger supermarkets). Limiting of Toilet Paper and Disinfectant per person purchases is limited. Initially chicken on the shelves in short supply (but good now, meat no problem) a lot of pasta purchases and some limits on milk and eggs as well. BJ’s,Target and Food Bazaar are well stocked. Most of my shopping is at The Bronx Terminal Market (3 blocks south of Yankee Stadium, FYI if you are looking for some hard to find items).

Aside- Many people survive if they get this disease (60%), but for older people the fatality rate is more critical. And if people overcome being sick, the virus stays within their system for I think over 2 weeks or more SO PEOPLE REALLY NEED TO DISTANCE THEMSELVES FROM OTHER PEOPLE for a long time.

I hope that everyone, their relatives and friends stay safe! Especially LeggyPeggy, Poor John. their two daughters and dog(s) as well.

Sy S

• CURIOUStotheMAX / Mar 25 2020 1:55 am

Great, You can be a charter member of my HPP society. (HOARDERS PROUD & PREPARED)

• Sy S. / Mar 25 2020 4:24 am

Part II – To correct and add more info to my initial comment(s) on survival percent. However, these statistics may vary greatly.. for example these statistics are based on C-virus in China and not other countries.

If I get coronavirus, how sick will I get?
      A large study in China found that about 80% of confirmed cases had fairly mild symptoms (defined as no significant infection in the lungs). About 15% had severe symptoms that caused significant …

• leggypeggy / Mar 25 2020 6:58 am

Sy, even though your stores are well-stocked (most of ours aren’t), I am relieved to know that you are prepared at home. Means you can really distance yourself from those 1.5 million folks in the Bronx. Tomorrow I will need to go shopping for a few things, including petrol, but I will be keeping well away from others.

Thanks for the link. As an aside, I am emailing you a recipe for sourdough starter.

37. chattykerry / Mar 25 2020 4:47 am

I looked at curbside delivery here but it wasn’t available for a week so I just got some supplies at a quiet time, keeping my 6 ft distance as much as possible. We have plenty of vodka…for cleaning purposes of course! 🍸Keep well and safe. K x

38. barkinginthedark / Mar 25 2020 5:20 pm

we now must trust others to pick out ripe fruit…oh well – if i have to. At least my prison has a sympathetic guard and a good chef. Be well. continue…

• leggypeggy / Mar 25 2020 8:02 pm

I’m a brilliant cook. Do you like Indian (subcontinent) flavours?

• Sy S. / Mar 26 2020 10:43 am

Peggy writes “I’m a brilliant cook.” WITHOUT A QUESTION!

I have known Peggy for many years and we first met on a cooking website, sharing ideas, comments and photos between ourselves and hundreds of other chefs. So I know for certain how good of a cook she is… For a better idea, see her “What’s Cooking on Page 32” Blog, https://cookingonpage32.wordpress.com/

Way To Go LeggyPeggy,

Sy S.

• leggypeggy / Mar 26 2020 12:51 pm

Thanks Sy. Now I’m blushing.

39. Dorothy's New Vintage Kitchen / Mar 26 2020 10:38 pm

We don’t have a lot of delivery options here in southern Vermont, but many of our stores and co-ops are offering take-out service to your car if you call and preorder and pay. There’s a limit on the number of total items.

40. Oh, the Places We See / Mar 28 2020 6:57 am

A very timely post. And I love having a way to calculate my IQ. At the end of this season of quarantines, I just hope I have an IQ left!!

• leggypeggy / Mar 28 2020 8:04 am

By the end of this, you might be out of your mind but, if you don’t hoard toilet paper, your IQ will be great.

41. Heated Stew / Mar 29 2020 4:47 pm

With 3 men in the house we have plenty of single socks for future use!

42. Mama Cormier / Mar 30 2020 12:29 am

We are trying to buy local. No shortages in the neighbourhood stores where I live in Toronto. I’m avoiding Costco so I placed an order with them for a few staples. That was over a week ago and I still don’t have my order. We tried another chain as well and they told us right away when to expect the order….today at 4:00. We’ll see if it arrives but the was also placed 7 days ago. A little better than Costco.

• leggypeggy / Mar 30 2020 10:23 am

We buy local too. I’ve also avoided Costco. Interesting that you can place an order there. We can’t. Stay safe and well. As an aside, my like button has stopped working in most, but not all, cases. Argh!

43. barkinginthedark / Mar 30 2020 9:16 am

disinfect everything outside before you bring it into your home. be well. continue…

• leggypeggy / Mar 30 2020 10:24 am

I haven’t been able to buy hand sanitiser or disinfectant wipes, but a bottle of methylated spirits is just as good. Stay safe and well. As an aside, my like button has stopped working in most, but not all, cases. Argh!

44. Lisa Dorenfest ~ One Ocean At A Time / Mar 30 2020 11:56 am

You are so fortunate to have milk trucks serving your suburb. I loved that service when I was growing up, but it ceased by the time I was a teen. Fortunately for us, stores in Mexico are still relatively full, and there has been little hoarding.

• leggypeggy / Mar 30 2020 3:26 pm

I’m glad you can get supplies in Mexico. Very reassuring to know there isn’t panic buying. As an aside, as of today my like button isn’t working in most places.