31 December 2011 / leggypeggy

Happy New Year to one and all—may 2012 bring all the best

A small, but scenic, slice of Rosedale Beach.

We’re in Rosedale, at Australia’s South Coast, to see in 2012. Rosedale is a little remote and quite laid-back. We are lucky enough to have a beach shack here, but we try to keep it a secret. Hope you like the view.

A few minutes ago, we watched the kiddie’s version of the Sydney Harbour fireworks (shown three hours before midnight). Poor John wants to go to bed soon, so we’ve accommodated his early-to-bed preference. 🙂

I hope to stay up for the grown-up version of the fireworks at midnight, but you never know.

The blog will continue in 2012 with a vengeance. Thanks for your support throughout 2011. I’ll be back. 🙂

1. Louise M Oliver / Dec 31 2011 11:47 pm

Hi Peggy,
    Happy New Year to you and John too. I’m having a late night for me. It’s 11.45 and I’ve just returned home from an unexpected dinner with a very good friend and some of her friends. I also managed to meet two beautiful Burmese. I haven’t seen any fireworks although I might turn the television on and see if there are some being broadcast from Sydney. I was tempted to drive over to Yarralumla and see what I could see from the yacht club but the timing wasn’t quite right. Anyway, I hope you, John, Libby and Petra have a spectacularly wonderful year with many more to come.
    Love and best wishes
    Louise

• leggypeggy / Jan 1 2012 9:20 pm

Happy New Year to you too, Louise. We were real slouches. I was last to bed — gave up half an hour before midnight. Look forward to catching up soon.

2. Sy S. / Jan 1 2012 8:50 am

Hello LeggyPeggy and Pour John,

About 8 hours from now the New Years ball in Times Square (New York City) will start falling, to bring in the new year 2012. Every year I have thoughts of going into the massive crowd and taking photos….. and this year it is kind of a warm winter evening (which is good). But then I just “Chicken Out” and stay home…. (which is appears like I will do once again). So I just watch the event on TV and then go to sleep.

Further, by this time the 2012 New Years in Australia has history, including the fireworks display/gathering in the Sydney Harbor area… And other countries celebrating the New Year, including in London.

Wishing you and your family a Healthy and Happy New Year 2012!

Sy S.

3. leggypeggy / Jan 1 2012 9:22 pm

Hi Sy — Wishing you a very Happy New Year too.
    Maybe one day I will be in NYC for the New Year and we’ll all go off to Times Square together. Could Laddie go?

4. Sy S. / Jan 3 2012 4:53 am

Hello Peggy,

I stayed home and did not fight the huge crowds in Times Square. By 6pm the place was packed (viewed on TV). I guess next year I would have to get there at 12 noon, in the afternoon to get a good spot. But at my age standing for 12 hours is no fun… And Laddy me Boy (my Irish Terrier) would rather stay home. I believe the police screen everyone going into the area and I am sure no dogs are allowed or using my tripod…

Hippy/Happy New Year!

Sy S.

• leggypeggy / Jan 4 2012 12:24 am

I hear that people in Sydney had to arrive about 5am to get a good spot. I think sitting in front of the TV is just fine, and we didn’t even manage that. Give Laddy a pat from us.